Transfer is Scheduled

I started taking 6 mg of Estrace yesterday in preparation for my embryo transfer, which is now scheduled for August 2nd. Way back when this whole process began, I had this premonition that either I would find out I am pregnant, or just be pregnant on my birthday which is August 4th. As we kept getting closer and I would draw out a timeline, it seemed that the “premonition” was quite plausible.

This is the second go around with the transfer prep as the first time around my uterine lining was too thick (thanks to all the retrieval meds) to begin the transfer process. So I was put on birth control for 5 days so that I could have another menses (two weeks later) so that the uterine lining would shed more and in a shorter period of time. Let me tell you how much fun it is to have 2 periods 2 weeks apart from each other. Oh the joy! Honestly though, I AM grateful to be a woman, as frustrating as it can be at times. Hormones, anyone?!

So anyway, as we started the second go around of transfer prep, which began just after that second period started (Monday the 17th), the transfer date that Christie gave me was August 4th! My birthday. I was pretty excited to say the least. But then, the unexpected happened…I received an email yesterday stating that my doctor, Dr. Shapiro will not be in the office on the 3rd and 4th of August and that I would either have to have the transfer done by him on the 2nd, or I could have a different doctor do it on the 4th. My superstitions kicked in, and I was at a loss as to what to do. So between my husband, Christie and myself, we decided it was best to stay with Dr. Shapiro and have the transfer performed on the 2nd.

So that is where we stand right now. I am taking 2 1mg Estrace pills (an estrogen derivative) 3 times a day and on the 28th, I will begin progesterone oil injections. I also have progesterone patches, which I have not been instructed about yet. Again: oh the joys of hormones. Then, on the morning of August 2nd one of our four embies will be thawed (hoping for the best, though doc says there is a 95% chance of thaw success) and that afternoon, it will be transferred into my uterus. Where there is then about a 50% chance of success that our stardust will implant itself and start to grow into a little baby…

pinkheartWhat wonder! What awe! I am over the moon and yet cautiously optimistic. I do believe the first time will be the charm, but there is also a good chance we will have to try again. The way my math works, with 4 embryos, we have a 75% chance of success all around. I am good with those odds and am hoping and praying for the best. I know that God and the universe has a plan and that if Bryan and I are worthy enough of one of those 4 babies, that the perfect one will be given to us.

In love and in light…thanks for reading!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s